NWUAV offers on-site propeller dynamometer (dyno), small engine dyno, and altitude chamber diagnostic testing services. Our experienced staff of experts can research, prototype, and test existing or new design concepts. Engine testing can be performed from anywhere there is computer access.
Our Propeller dyno is custom built to test UAV propeller designs or aid in
improving existing designs for UAV’s.
- Propeller thrust
- Torque characterization
- HP and BSHP (Break Specific Horse Power)
- Fuel Consumption
- In-cylinder Pressure Testing
- Detonation testing
Northwest UAV offers Altitude Chamber testing on small engines up to 12 hp.
Our services include:
- Engine vibration isolation and characterization
- Engine design
- Muffler design
- Environmental testing with altitude and temperature control to more than 40,000 feet
- Humidity control up to 40,000 feet
- Engine characterization
- 96 Engine run-in stations
- Fuel Mapping
- 5 Gas analyzers and fuel flow transmitters