NWUAV purpose-built UAV HFE is designed for unmanned aircraft systems, portable power generation and large scale RC Hobby aircraft. The UAV HFE is designed for use in high altitude/long endurance aircraft.
The NWUAV UAV HFE is one of the most easily configurable small UAV engines on the market today. With all the extra features built into this engine you will be flying faster and quieter at any altitude.
The UAV HFE is manufactured entirely in the USA to ensure engine/system availability in the future.
- The UAV HFE is intended to gain STANAG 4671 and FAA certification. Typical civilian uses include monitoring climate changes and forest fires, mapping glaciers, and in local police enforcement work.
- The UAV HFE is one of the most easily configurable small UAV or RC engines on the market today. With all the extra features built into this engine you will be flying faster and quieter at any altitude.
- This UAV HFE is scalable for use in various classes of aircraft with multiple fuel types and incorporates materials not available with COTS engine designs. These advanced materials incorporate character¬istics needed for lighter weight and better performing engines when utilizing heavy-fuels (JP5, JP8).
- The UAV HFE can be scaled with multiple cylinder configurations giving them flexibility beyond designs currently available. Incorporating NWUAV’s Fuel Injection System and Variable Pitch Propeller (scalable up to 60 hp), the UAV HFE will dramatically enhance engine system performance.
The NW-44 EFI/HFE was designed to be a FAA Certifiable Engine for UAV’s less than 55lbs. The “Made in the USA” engine core and sub system components alleviate ITAR and end of life concerns as well as the pending FAA Certification requirements.
- The NW-44 EFI/HFE accepts a custom 250 watt direct drive generator with a 28/12/6 volt GCU. The waterproof ECU controls engine speed via a direct drive servo mounted to the throttle body which incorporates a micro atomizing fuel injector, MAP, barometric, CHT and intake air temperature sensors, as well as heavy fuel cold start provisions.
- The EFI DAQ logs 850 hrs @ 1hz* of operation and provides dedicated CAN or serial bus communication for external devices such as autopilots and avionics.
- The cylinder head incorporates twin spark plugs fired by dual 25kv ignition coils and features a secured cap provision with appropriate shielding.
- NWUAV’s lightweight muffler incorporates proprietary designs, allowing very low detectability.
- Multiple cylinder and generator output configurations available to fit customer hp, electrical output and overall weight requirements.
- The UAV HFE is manufactured entirely in the USA to ensure engine/system availability in the future.
*Recording hertz adjustable – affects hours recordable.
|Engine Core Weight||1020 grams|
|Complete System Weight||~4300 grams1|
|Max Power/~8150 RPM||4.1 hp2|
|Max Torque||2.8 ft/lbs|
|Max Generator Power/4500 RPM||250 Watts|
|Configurable Generator Outputs||6/12/28 VDC|
|Fuel System||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Best BSFC @ Cruise RPM/~4500 RPM||~0.615 BSFC|
|Ignition||Twin 25kv CDI|
|DAQ Recording Time/1 HZ||850 hrs|
1 Significant weight savings can be accomplished through alternative mufflers and generators.
Call for details.
2 Dependent on cylinder arrangement selected.
3 Dependant on operator conditions.
NWUAV Heavy Fuel Engine Operation