NWUAV purpose-built NW-44 multi-fuel engine is designed and built for unmanned aerial systems (UAS), low altitude, long endurance aircraft and portable power generation.
The NW-44 engine is the most easily configurable small UAV engine on the market today. This purpose-built UAV engine will handle aircraft from approximately 18 to 35 kg (40-77 lbs.) depending on mission requirements. The NWUAV engine core and subsystem components alleviate ITAR and end of life concerns and are primed to meet pending FAA Certification requirements.
Typical civilian uses include monitoring climate changes, forest fires and mapping glaciers as well as supporting police, fire, and law enforcement bureaus.
APPROVED FOR EXPORT
Made in the USA
- Designed to gain STANAG 4671 and FAA Certification
- Scalable for use in various classes of aircraft
- Incorporates design criteria and specifications not available with hobby based engines
- Advanced materials incorporate characteristics for lighter weight and better performing engines when utilizing heavy-fuels
(JP5, JP8, Jet A-1)
- Can be scaled with multiple cylinder configurations for additional flexibility beyond designs currently available
- Incorporating NWUAV’s fuel injection system and a Variable Pitch Propeller (VPP) will dramatically enhance the NW-44 engine system performance
With all the extra features built into the NW-44 multi-fuel engine you will be flying faster and quieter at any altitude.
- Custom 250 watt direct drive generator with a 6/12/28 volt (tunable) Generator Control Unit (GCU)
- Fuel Injection, barometric pressure, cylinder head and intake air temperature sensors, and heavy-fuel cold start provisions
- Rotary valve exhaust
- Lightweight muffler integrates proprietary designs, for very low acoustic detectability
- ECU Data Acquisition System (DAQ) contains 1 GB of storage for logging up to 31 standard
- Cylinder head with twin spark plugs fired by dual 25kv ignition coils, a secured cap provision with appropriate shielding and Military grade connectors
- CAN or Serial Bus communication for external devices such as autopilots and avionics
- Conformal design mitigates unwanted parasitic drag, which increases endurance
- Multiple generator output configurations available to fit customer Hp, electrical output and overall weight requirements
- Interfaces with Piccolo and other popular autopilots
- Tractor or pusher configurations
- Commercial Off-The Shelf (COTS)
- Manufactured entirely in the USA
Call for specifications
NW-38 Multi-Fuel Engine
Preliminary specifications are available on request